Year established: 2003
Mobile compatible: Yes
Overall rating: A+
Recommended: For recreational players
William Hill Australia is the result of the re-branding of Sportingbet’s Australian enterprise, which was initially founded in 1998 and launched online in 2003.
In 2013 William Hill, one of the UK’s major bookmakers, acquired Sportingbet Plc.’s Australian business, launching in Australia in early 2015.
The parent company, William Hill, operates William Hill Australia, Centrebet and Tom Waterhouse and they all share identical markets and odds with only a difference in their promotions. There are plans to merge these three bookmakers in the coming years.
The publicly listed William Hill is a household name in the UK and has been around since 1934, with currently well over 2000 shops in the country. However, in Australia this prominence may not mean much and William Hill Australia have been forced to prove their worth.
The location of William Hill’s sportsbook was relocated in 2009 from the UK to Gibraltar in order to avoid millions of pounds lost in tax every year. William Hill Australia is licensed and regulated by the Northern Territory in Australia. The bookmaker cannot be accessed from the UK, USA, Spain or Italy.
In 2016 year, William Hill have become the official European and Australian betting partner of both Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur. They are also currently the official sponsor of the Australian Open and The Valley.
Despite limited presence in Facebook and Google+, on Twitter, YouTube and Instagram William Hill Australia enjoy having almost 30 thousand followers who can see daily updates from the bookmaker.
William Hill Australia is a sportsbook and nothing else, unlike most bookmakers today the website is without a Casino, Poker or online Games. This focus on sport gives players a tailored experience that includes markets in almost 30 sports offering very competitive odds.
The bookmaker covers less common markets such as in Canadian Football, UFC/MMA, Financials, Surfing, Entertainment, Elections, Harness and the lucrative E-Sports industry.
William Hill Australia offers potential players with everything they could ask for including live streaming, detailed statistics, visuals and even a live cash out option.
One slight issue is that their cash out option applies only to certain events, but this is only a minor problem that doesn’t detract much from the overall experience.
Usability of the site
When opening up the website you can instantly see the resemblance to William Hill’s UK site, with William Hill Australia offering the same enjoyable, well designed user experience that makes it simple even for novice players. This positive experience is equally reflected in their mobile support, which is arguably even easier to use than the website.
If any problems occur players there is a live-chat facility, as well as more traditional support over phone and e-mail. There is a clear attention to detail in their customer service and they are quick to resolve any issues users may face.
For payment methods, William Hill Australia doesn’t have the greatest range of options and they don’t even accept common methods such as Skrill or Neteller.
Currently William Hill Australia offer a bonus of 100% on up to $200AUD for new players, which from registering you have only seven days to use.
The website only operates in English, and this can only be detrimental in a country that homes expats from countries all over the world, and specifically Asia.
Overall William Hill Australia gives a player everything we have come to expect from such a household name, however this does not mean that the bookmaker is perfect. There could be minor improvements on payment methods and by including other languages.
– One of the largest and most trust wagering brands in the world;
– Licensed in Australia, part of UK William Hill Group UK Largest bookmaker;
– One of largest and safest Australian sports betting agencies;
– Strong betting selection, particularly for Australian sports;
– Great range of markets available including in-play betting;
– Full coverage of AFL and NRL markets on every game;
– Great novelty bets such as entertainment (TV shows), weather, elections and more;
– Williamhill’s prices are always competitive and they offer unique bet types;
– Low minimum deposit for most methods;
– Frequent betting promotions on popular events;
– Security is key with them with all transactions being secure.
– Sports navigation menu not as beginner friendly as it could be;
– Live online betting is not available to Australian residents (due to Australian law);
– Slower than some other bookies to open mid week fixed odds on racing;
– Perhaps will limit the action of big winning punters;
– Sometimes too many clicks needed to place bet.
Visa/Mastercard, Skrill (Moneybookers), Bank Transfer, BPAY, Cheque, PayPal, Poli
*Keep in mind to double check information. Be prepared for changes to restricted countries, bonuses, currencies, deposit and payment options, languages, contact info.
It has closed…